CVS pharmacy markets are the best places to stop into when you need to pick up your medicine and grab a snack or the toilet paper your spouse asked you to bring home. CVS pharmacies can be found all over the United States in most medium to large-sized cities. These types of stores can be hit or miss on savings, but there are 10 ways to save at CVS that will make you choose them over the competition every time.
- Sign Up for the CVS ExtraCare Card , Pharmacy & Health Rewards and ExtraCare Beauty Club– Most retail stores have a rewards or loyalty program, but not all of them offer the same perks as CVS. The ExtraCare Card is free to signup for and allows you to earn 2% back on eligible purchases in the form of in-store ExtraBucks. Members of the perks program also get member only discounts and coupons loaded directly onto your card. You can check your balance online and use a phone number or email address to look up your card in store. The Pharmacy & Health Rewards works the same way except you have to fill at least one prescription at the pharmacy to be eligible. This card can earn you up to $50 back on your medicines every year that you can use to purchase CVS in-store items. The ExtraCare Beauty Club helps you to make money back on your health and beauty purchases such as makeup and hair color. Members in this club earn $3 back for every $30 they spend.
- Enroll in Email Notifications- When you enroll in CVS email notifications, you will start to receive coupons and discounts that are exclusive to subscribers. If you attach your ExtraCare numbers when you sign up and your emails will become tailored to your personal shopping habits. This way you get the coupons and discounts you are most likely to use.
- Use the Weekly Ad– Every CVS store puts out a weekly ad. The ads will vary depending on your location but should be delivered with your local mail. These fliers are filled with limited time sales and coupons and can also be accessed online.
- Use Coupon Saving Apps- There are many coupon saving apps on the market, but RetailMeNot is one of the most popular. CVS typically offers free shipping codes for those who prefer to order online. The RetailMeNot App is also free to download to any device and can be used easily in store.
- Check in at The Coupon Center– CVS ExtraCare Coupon Centers are red kiosks that are located at the front of most CVS stores. These kiosks allow you to scan your card upon entry and gives you special today only coupons that can be bundled on top of the coupons and savings you already plan to use.
- Download the App-CVS offers a free app that is available on all devices. You can link your club cards to the app and receive notifications when your favorite brands go on sale, or new coupons are available. Cashiers at CVS stores can scan the barcode on the app when you checkout if you don’t have your card with you.
- Complete Surveys on The Advisory Panel– CVS offers ExtraCare Members the ability to have their voices heard through completing satisfactory surveys on their visits. Completing surveys earns members exclusive rewards.
- Ask For A Rain Check- CVS offers rainchecks on out of stock sale items. When you walk into the store to grab your favorite brand of toothpaste that is currently buy one get one free and the shelf is empty, ask an associate for a rain check so that you can get the item at the same price when it is back in stock.
- Don’t Throw Away Your Receipts- When you check out don’t just shove your receipt in the bag. There may be a valuable coupon printed on the bottom that you can use on your next purchases. These coupons are usually related to brands you are buying and will likely purchase again.
- Try CVS Brands- You may be hesitant about trying store brands, but CVS brands are on average 20 percent cheaper than the leading national brands, yet satisfaction scores are the same. CVS brand items can save you a lot of money in store especially when combined with rewards and coupons.
CVS is one of America’s favorite places to shop because it is convenient, consistent, and reliable. While they already offer significant savings, take advantage of the hacks you found here to save even more the next time you need to grab a gallon of milk and refill your prescription.